Sunday, February 20, 2011

How does Lady Gaga maintain her enviable figure? Whiskey and working out drunk, duh!



How does Lady Gaga maintain her enviable figure? Whiskey and working out drunk, duh!

Forget Weight Watchers.


To maintain her dance-ready physique, Lady Gaga only needs one thing: Whiskey.

"I'm on the drunk diet," the button-pushing pop star said on the Sirius Morning Mash Up radio show. "I like to drink whiskey and stuff while I'm working.

"But the deal is, I've got to work out every day, and I work out hung over if I'm hung over," she added.

The singer, who donned an ab-revealing, latex getup for her performance at the Grammys, noted that yes, even she wasn't "born this way" - staying revved up about her workout isn't always the easiest.

"I live my life as I want to, and creatively," she said. "It's about the cross-training and keeping yourself inspired. I have to say, I do a ton of yoga."

Incidentally, Gaga's beau Luc Carl, who manages a bar in the lower east side, recently signed up to write a book titled "The Drunk Diet," about how he lost 40 pounds while still "being a hard-drinking party maker."

Coincidence? Like everything else Gaga, hardly.

jchen@nydailynews.com